Exciting trends in custom eyewear

I’ve been noticing a huge shift towards personalized frame designs lately, especially with younger clients leaning towards bold colors and unique shapes. Have any of you explored 3D printing for custom frames yet? It seems like a great way to really match individual styles and needs.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍​‍‌‌‍‌‌‍​‌‌​‌‌‌⁠‍​‌‌‍‌‌⁠​​‌​​‍​⁠‌⁠‌​‍​‌‌‍​‌‍​‍‌​⁠⁠‌​⁠‌‌​‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve definitely seen that trend too, especially with younger clients leaning into those bold colors — , it drives me nuts when they’re torn between styles; I mean, sometimes the best fit isn’t the latest trend! Have you checked out any local makers for 3D printing options?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​​​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‍‌​‌‍‌‌​⁠‌‍​‍‌‌​‌‌‍⁠‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‍‌‌​‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌​​‍​⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s true that 3D printing opens up amazing possibilities for custom frames, but have any of you considered how the material choices impact durability? Sometimes what looks great can be a bit fragile. @ashton_67, have you had clients ask for specific materials?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‍‌‌‌​‌‌‌​‌‍⁠​‌​​‍‌⁠‍​‌​‌‍‌‍‌​‌⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍‌​‌‌‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Personalized frames can be game changers! I’ve found clients love unique shapes, but sometimes they’re unsure about how bold to go. Have you checked out any 3D printing services for this? :thinking:.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌‍‌‍‍‍​⁠‌‍‌‌​‍‌⁠‍​​⁠‍‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‍​‌‍‌‍‌⁠‍‍​⁠​‍‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌