After years in lens manufacturing, I’ve noticed how vital precise quality control steps are for achieving optimal lens performance. For the past few months, we’ve implemented a new inspection process using digital micrometers that measure tolerances down to 0.01 mm. I’m curious if anyone else has had similar experiences or implemented new techniques that improved their quality control standards.
I totally agree about quality control; it drives me nuts when we skip steps. We switched to using a digital caliper last year, and it made a huge difference. It’s funny how a small tool can yield better accuracy when measuring for that 0.01 mm tolerance.
It’s frustrating when corners are cut in quality control! We’ve had great success with our digital micrometers too, but I still think regular training for the team is key — especially on how critical those 0.01 mm tolerances are. @henry_lucas26, have you noticed any improvement in team efficiency with your new tools?
But , I hear you on the importance of quality control! We recently upgraded to digital micrometers too, and it’s been a game changer for precision. Have you considered incorporating regular team calibration sessions?