I’ve been thinking a lot about how we can better engage our communities in eye health education. Partnering with local schools for vision screenings is a great start, and it could be beneficial for us to share some of our experiences with this. Has anyone here successfully implemented similar initiatives? I’d love to swap ideas and strategies.
I totally agree that partnering with local schools is key. In our last initiative, we included a simple handout on eye health that the kids could take home. It really helped spark conversations with their parents.
One idea could be to involve local eye care professionals for Q&A sessions after screenings, just to make it feel more engaging — kind of like ‘Ask the Optician’ instead of ‘Ask the Doctor.’ @julie_wong47, have you tried any interactive activities to keep the kids interested?
Partnering with local schools is a fantastic idea! When we did this, we created a brief interactive workshop that allowed students to try on different frames and learn about lens types. It was a hit, and parents loved it too.