Precision in frame measurements can’t be overstated — especially when fitting high prescriptions. I recently had a pair of progressive lenses that didn’t sit right because of a miscalculated pupillary distance. Using a digital pupillometer has really streamlined my process and improved outcomes. Anyone else have experiences with specific tools that helped enhance accuracy in their fittings?
I totally get that! I had a similar issue where the frame just wouldn’t sit right, and it turned out I was measuring P.D. with a measuring tape like it was a craft project. Now I’m all about digital tools too — they’re a game changer.
I’ve found that a digital pupillometer is a game changer too! It’s like trading in a pencil for a laser — so much more precise. Just remember that lighting can also affect measurements; I usually double-check with a light source that’s not too harsh. @lisa_martin89, have you noticed any differences with lighting?