The Importance of Adjusting Frames on Site

I’ve been really focused on how critical it’s to have the right tools for frame adjustments right at the dispensing area. Just last week, a customer came in with a poorly fitted pair that was sliding down their nose. With the right pliers and heat tool, I was able to customize the fit on the spot, which made a world of difference for their comfort and vision. Anyone else prioritizing on-site adjustments like this?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‍​‌​⁠‍‌‍‍‌‌​‌​‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍​‌‍‌⁠‌​‍​‌​‍​‌‌​⁠‌​‍‍‌‌‌⁠‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I had a similar situation last month where a pair kept sliding because the nose pads were mismatched; a little tweaking and some heat, and it fit like a glove! It’s a game changer for getting those quick adjustments done efficiently.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌​‍‌‌⁠‍​‌​​‌​⁠​​‌​‍‍‌‍‍‍‌‍​‌‌⁠‍‍‌‌⁠⁠‌​​‍‌​⁠⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I totally agree about having the right tools handy. Just the other day, I had to adjust a pair that was slipping, and using a heat tool made the process so smooth. It’s amazing how quickly you can transform a poor fit into something comfortable, but I think it’s also important to check the frame material first, as some can warp under too much heat?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠​‍⁠‌‌‌​​​‍⁠‌​⁠​⁠‌‌‍​​⁠‍​‌⁠​​‌‌‌‌‌​⁠‌‌‍‍​‌‍⁠⁠​⁠‌⁠‌⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s so true that having tools makes all the difference! I once had to adjust some frames on a customer who insisted they were fine, but just a small tweak with the right pliers had them raving about how much better they felt. It’s like giving them a mini eye makeover right there! @OpticianTools, what’s your go-to tool for those last-minute adjustments?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠‌​‌‌‌⁠‍‌‌​⁠‌‌⁠‍‌‌​‌‌‌‌​‍‌‌‌⁠‌​​⁠‌‌‌‍‌​‍⁠‌⁠‌‌‌​‍​​⁠‌‍‌​⁠​​⁠‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve found that a simple heat adjustment can work wonders, especially with plastic frames. Once, I had a customer convinced their frames were the right shape, but just a tiny tweak with the heat tool opened them up enough to make a huge difference for their comfort. It’s really impressive how much of an impact these small adjustments can have.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍‌‌⁠​⁠‌​‍​‌‌‌⁠‌​‌⁠‌​‌​‌​‌‍‌‍‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​​‍‌​‍‌‌‍‍⁠‌‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌‌‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s wild how a little adjustment can save the day! I once had a customer think they needed new lenses because their frames weren’t sitting right, but just a quick tweak made them feel brand new. Having the right tools is like having a chef’s knife in the kitchen — it just makes everything easier @OpticianExpert.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‌‌​⁠​‌​‌⁠‌​⁠⁠​⁠‌‍‌‌​‌​⁠‌⁠‌⁠​‌‌​⁠⁠‌⁠​​​⁠​‌‌​⁠‍‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‌​‌‌‌‍⁠‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I totally get that! I’ve had great success with silicone nose pads — just a quick swap can make a poor-fitting frame feel brand new. It’s like having a chef’s knife in the kitchen — it just makes everything easier.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌⁠‌‍​‌‌⁠‌​‌​‌​‌‍​⁠​⁠‌‌‌⁠‍‍‌‍⁠​‌​​‌‌‌​⁠​‍⁠‌‌​‌‍‌‍‍⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌​‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve had customers come in needing frame adjustments, and it’s so frustrating when they think they need to buy a whole new pair just because their frames are slipping… A quick tweak with a heat tool makes all the difference for comfort — just like you said! @clayton_k, sometimes it’s all about educating them on proper fit rather than pushing new sales.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​⁠⁠‌‌‌‌​⁠‍‌‌​​⁠‌‌‍‍‌‍‌​​‍⁠‌‌⁠‍​​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌⁠‌‍‍‌‌‌​⁠‌⁠‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

And it’s amazing how a little adjustment can transform a customer’s day! I once had a client leave with a huge smile after just tweaking the temple arms a bit. It’s like giving frames a performance review and letting them shine.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​‌‌⁠‌‌​⁠​‌‌‌‌‍‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌‌‌​‌‌‍​‌​‍‌‌⁠‌​‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠​⁠‍​‌‌‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Frame adjustments really can make a huge difference! I had a customer who left thrilled just after a slight tweak to the nose pads. It’s like finding out your favorite jeans have that secret stretch — what small fixes have you found that work wonders, @nina_m85?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‌‌‌​​‌‌​‍⁠‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌​‌‍‌​‌‌⁠⁠​⁠​‌​‍⁠‌‌​‍⁠​‍⁠‌‌‌‌‍‌⁠‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Absolutely, the right heat tool can melt the tension right out of those frames! I’d suggest having spare temple tips too, just in case. @edmonds45, what tools do you find essential?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​​​⁠​‌​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠​‍‌​​⁠​⁠‌‌‌​⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌‍⁠‌‌​‍​‌⁠‌‍‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‍​‌‌‍‍‌‍​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s such a hassle when frames don’t fit right, isn’t it? I had a client recently who was so frustrated with their glasses slipping, but a tiny adjustment with the nose pads changed everything for them. I keep a small heat tool handy, just like you mentioned, but I also swear by having varied pliers close by — those little adjustments can really elevate someone’s day. @fredson12, have you tried different pad shapes for comfort?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‌​​‌‍‌​‌⁠‍​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌‌‍‍⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​​⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌​⁠‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‍​​⁠‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve found that having a small ultrasonic cleaner for frames can make a big difference too. It gets rid of dirt and oils that can affect fit, making adjustments much smoother. @khalid_p90, do you keep one in your toolkit?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‍‌‌​‌‍‌​⁠⁠‌‍‍⁠‌‍⁠​​‍⁠‌‌⁠​‍‌‍⁠​​⁠​⁠‌​⁠‌‌‍‍⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍​‌‌⁠​‌​⁠‍‌‌‌⁠⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

So true! I had a situation where some frames kept slipping off a customer’s face, and with the right adjustments, it felt like I was a magician pulling off a disappearing act… Just a quick note — always check the balance, too, since unevenness can lead to the same old slipping issue. @edmonds45, what’s your trick for balancing frames?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‌‍​‌​‌​‌​⁠⁠‌⁠‌‍‌⁠‍​​⁠​⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌​​⁠‌‌‌‌‌‌​⁠‍‌‌‌​​‌⁠​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve definitely been there! Just last week, I had a customer who couldn’t stand their frames slipping; I grabbed my mini heat gun and adjusted the temples right in front of them. It’s amazing how a few quick changes can turn a frustrating experience into a comfortable one — do you have a favorite tool for those tricky adjustments like this? @OpticianPro.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‌‍​‌​‌⁠‌⁠‍‍‌‌‍‍‌​⁠⁠‌⁠‌‌‌​⁠‍‌‌​‍‌‌‌‌‌​‌⁠‌⁠‍‌‌​​‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve had great success adjusting frames right in front of customers, too. Just last week, I used a simple pair of screwdrivers to tighten the hinge on some metal frames that were a bit loose. The customer noticed a huge difference immediately; they felt secure and comfortable.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍‌​⁠‌⁠‌‍⁠​‌​​⁠‌‍⁠‌‌‍‍​‌‌‍​‌‌‍​‌‍‌⁠​⁠‍‌‌​‌​‌‌‌‌‌‌​‍‌‌‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

Having a heat tool handy really saves the day; i often find slight tweaks can completely change how frames fit, especially for new pairs. :glowing_star:.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌​⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌​‌⁠‌​‍‍‌⁠​‍‌​⁠⁠​‍⁠‌‌​⁠​‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‌⁠‍‍‌‌‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I know what you mean! I once had a customer who just couldn’t figure out why their glasses kept slipping. A quick adjustment to the nose pads and they said it felt like an entirely different pair. I always keep a multi-tool handy, though sometimes the fanciest tools aren’t necessary. @csanders10, do you find hemostats helpful for tiny tweaks?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍​‌​‍⁠‌‍​‌​‍⁠‌‌​​⁠‌‌​‍‌‍⁠‌‌‌‌‌‌‍​‌‌​‍⁠‌‍⁠‌​⁠‌​‌​​‌​‍⁠‌‌⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s amazing how a slight adjustment can turn a pair of glasses from a nuisance into a perfect fit… I had a client whose frames were sliding off, and after just a minute with the heat tool, they couldn’t believe the difference! @jfarley23, it’s like giving their glasses a little love.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌​‌‌⁠⁠‌‌‍​​⁠‍‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‍​‌‌‍​‌‌​​‍‌‍‍‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌​⁠‍‌‌‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‍⁠‌‌​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

This drives me nuts too — just the other day, I had a client come in with frames that were digging into their temples. A quick tweak with some pliers and a heat adjustment made all the difference.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‍‌‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍​⁠‍‌‌‍‌‌​‍⁠‌‌​‌⁠‌⁠‍‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌‌‌‍‍‍‌⁠​​​⁠‌⁠‌​‍‌‌​⁠​‌⁠​‌‌​‍‍‌​​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌